Past Events at New Horizon Apartments!
We would like to acknowledge the Red Door Urban Mission events that were held at the New Horizon Parks Apartments over the last year. We have teamed up with this amazing community program last year and we are really seeing a positive turn around in our community.
What’s Happening at
New Horizon Apartments!
Event Date: February 18th, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Location: 3636 Queensland Drive Apartment #1
Memphis, TN 38116
Come celebrate Black History Month with us at New Horizon Apartments.
We will be hosting a dinner, as well as, lessons about African American history and culture. During the event, there will be live music performed by various artists from around the Memphis area. This celebration welcomes all ages, so please bring your family. We look forward to seeing you there.
Red Door Urban Mission events
Click on newsletter to read /download.
The After School Starr Club is now taking applications for the month of January!
• This after school program caters to students from Kindergarten to 8th grade.
• If you are interested please call Brother Eric and enroll your child before January 6th.
• Brother Eric’s phone number: (901) 216-5848
• See the flyer with all dates and times for each after school program.
Thank you very much for your help and as always if you have any questions regarding these updates please do not hesitate to email me.
December 14th – Happy Birthday, Jesus Celebration
• Join us at the Basketball courts at 12 pm to celebrate the Joys of Christmas.
• At 12pm on this day, we will also make a distribution to ages 1-17 of 250 coats and 300 backpacks filled with toiletries, games, toys, books, food items, clothes.
~~~December 15th – 3 pm~~~
We are planning a field trip to Bellevue Singing Christmas Tree – This will be a reward for the scholars in the afterschool club who have met both reading and attendance goals. https://www.bellevue.org/singing-christmas-tree/
November 19th – Lena Start Graduation
This is our partnership with the University of Memphis early childhood development department, Nurturing Parenting Program- Graduation will be at Texas de Brazil for our mothers that have completed all of their requirements.
November 21st Ladies Luncheon
This lunch will introduce to the ladies in the community a support group called “Overcoming Abuse God’s Way”. This support group will start on Thursday’s in December.